Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pistachios: My favourite nuts!



Hiyall!


Long time ago when I was first introduced to pistachio nut I was thrilled by the taste, the same way as a sun dried fig thrilled my taste buds.
You may find this strange talking about nuts, but for the longest time I was enthralled, still do, by the power and taste of pistachios! My favourite packet of pistachios come from Tong that I will grab from the counter of every petrol stations that we stopped on the way to somewhere.
I use to think pistachios come from the ground like groundnut, but actually this beautiful and sexy nuts came from a majestic tree that can grow really big and tall.
When I was a journalist I imagined that my editor would call me one day and said: "Rusdi go to Iraq or Iran and do a story on pistachios!" That would have been a great moment in my journalistic career - to write a long piece on pistachios! Alas that was the thing of the past since I will never get the chance to meet eye to eye with a pistachio tree!
BTW! it is fun to write anything that you feel and you do not have to think really hard, on your own blogsite, you do not necessarily have to write about heavy stuff like boring politics.
So guys, try pistachios if you have not and enjoy the day!

Mery Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh... now I know what to get you the next time we meet up at MRT!

And its not even difficult to buy

Rusdi Mustapha. said...

Elviza Michele!

I said pistachios IS one of my favourite munchies!

A Voice said...

Pulitzer for Pistachio ... thats an idea.

Istana Seri Menanti

Istana Seri Menanti
The old Istana which is now a museum.